The Friends of Kneller Gardens were formed in 2005 in response to the proposals of the Thamesian’s Rugby Club for Kneller Gardens, Twickenham. The aim of the group is:
“To provide a formally recognised group that encourages local people with a genuine interest in Kneller Gardens to participate in the protection, improvement and management of the park, in order to create a safe and enjoyable green open space for use by local residents.”
- To ensure a balanced use of the site that benefits all local residents and park users, without preference to any one group or sporting interest.
- To develop a well recognised and welcoming local community focus point.
- Reduce levels of anti-social behaviour
- Generate a feeling of civic pride for the local community.
Future plans for the Friends of Kneller Gardens include:
- Finalising the development plan.
- Establishing detailed plans that we have agreed with the Council, for example planting plans.
- Identifying and applying for funding to support the development plan.
- Increasing membership of the group so that we continue to be viewed as a group which has the support of the local community.
- Community days, for example planting activities.
- Working with other groups that have an interest in the Crane valley