HOW DO WE HELP?
Our work focuses on three main areas
- Parks and Open SpacesSupporting local initiatives, including friends of parks groups and 2 Minute Litter Picks, to protect and enhance local green spaces.
- Energy Efficiency and SustainabilityWe work with schools, nonprofits, community centres and households to help them to save energy, money and reduce emissions. Book a visit here. We also work on air quality & promote recycling and building community resilience.
- BIODIVERSITY – SPECIES & HABITAT PROTECTIONWe facilitate the preservation of local biodiversity, and promote the conservation and improvement of the natural environment.
CROWDFUNDING: Donate to a Local Project
Our latets posts
- A novel way to bring a new show to Hampton Hill Theatre
A Twickenham based theatre director has launched a crowdfunding campaign to bring a new children’s musical, with an important message about climate change, to Hampton Hill Theatre. Stephen Leslie was inspired to create this production after hearing about Ellie and Starlight a story by a local writer that explains climate change in a heart-warming way […]
- Marble Hill Planning Response
Response to planning application 18/2977/FUL – Marble Hill by Richmond Biodiversity Partnership Introduction SWLEN has co-ordinated the response of the Richmond Biodiversity Partnership (RBP) to English Heritage’s latest planning application in relation to proposed work at Marble Hill House and Park. A full copy of RBP’s observations is below. They centre around the works proposed to […]
- 2 Minute Litter Pick – Be Richmond. Press Release
Press Release: New litter-pick scheme to help stem the tide of plastic entering the Thames Be Richmond and South West London Environment Network are making it easier for Richmond residents and visitors to keep the towpath tidy and reduce the amount of plastic entering the Thames. People can now quickly and easily get hold of […]
- A Peoples Manifesto for Wildlife – A Conservation Revolution
By Elliot Newton As we approach Remembrance Day, we enter a period of national reflection as we pay our respects to the many brave men and women who have fallen, sacrificing themselves in the hope of a better future. This is a time to not only remember the huge sacrifices made but also discourage such […]
- 1000 plastic cups collected from the foreshore by BTTG
Barnes Tidy Towpath Group is formed by locals who are passionate about the environment, the Thames towpath and waterways and organise regular litter picking sessions along the towpath between Hammersmith and Barnes Bridges, which anyone is welcome to join whenever possible. They also work with the local Council, Thames21, the PLA, the BCA and local shops to […]