OUR WORK FOCUSES ON THREE MAIN AREAS
- ENGAGING LOCAL COMMUNITIES WITH THEIR ENVIRONMENTWe support local voluntary organisations and initiatives, e.g. friends of parks groups, 2 Minute Litter Picks etc., which protect and enhance local green spaces
- Energy Efficiency and SustainabilityWe work with schools, nonprofits, community centres and households to help them to save energy, money and reduce emissions. We also work on air quality & promote recycling and building community resilience
- BIODIVERSITY – SPECIES & HABITAT PROTECTIONWe facilitate the preservation of local biodiversity, and promote the conservation and improvement of the natural environment
READ OUR BLOG
- Bat Species Action Plan (SAP)
The International Bat Night has taken place every year since 1997 in more than 30 countries on the last full weekend of August. To highlight the upcoming day on 29 and 30 August 2020, we are republishing this interesting post written by our former SWLEN Biodiversity Communications Volunteer Jemma Chamberlain-Webber back in 2017 as it […]
- Reshaping the normal
Little did we know when we held our ‘Thriving Friends: Better Parks’ conference in late January this year quite how alien the idea of a mass gathering on such a scale would seem just a few months later. Little could we have predicted that by the summer the role and value of parks and green-spaces […]
- Discover SW London Walks
- Merging charities seek new chair of trustees
This is a wonderful opportunity to be part of a stronger charity that will bring greater impact to people’s environment and their heritage.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
In this rapidly changing environment the safety and welfare of our beneficiaries, external colleagues, staff and volunteers remains of paramount importance. We are carefully monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.