HOW DO WE HELP?
Our work focuses on three main areas
- Parks and Open SpacesSupporting local initiatives, including friends of parks groups and 2 Minute Litter Picks, to protect and enhance local green spaces.
- Energy Efficiency and SustainabilityWe work with schools, nonprofits, community centres and households to help them to save energy, money and reduce emissions. Book a visit here. We also work on air quality & promote recycling and building community resilience.
- BIODIVERSITY – SPECIES & HABITAT PROTECTIONWe facilitate the preservation of local biodiversity, and promote the conservation and improvement of the natural environment.
Support a Local Project
Our latets posts
- SWLEN Crowdfund 3 Case Studies
Case Study 1. Sherland Road Community Garden – A case study of strong community involvement in the success of the campaign Back in 2012 residents of Sherland Road in Twickenham, designed and built a garden on disused land at 98 Sherland Road they had been gorilla gardening for many years. The new garden further enhanced […]
- Thames Bridge Consultation: Radnor Gardens and Ham Lands
SWLEN recently responded to Richmond Council’s publication of a report on possible locations for a new pedestrian bridge over the Thames. Location 13 (Radnor Gardens to Ham Lands) Radnor Gardens is a well-used local park bordering the Thames in Strawberry Hill and is designated as Metropolitan Open Land (MOL). Ham Lands is a wonderful nature […]
- Metropolitan Open Land at Hospital Bridge Road Whitton: Our planning response
SWLEN believes that the proposed development represents inappropriate development on Metropolitan Open Land (MOL), and is contrary to policies relating to the Green Belt/MOL at national, London and local levels. The ‘very special circumstances’ which might justify such development do not appear to be present in relation to this development. The National Planning Policy Framework does not list […]
- A novel way to bring a new show to Hampton Hill Theatre
A Twickenham based theatre director has launched a crowdfunding campaign to bring a new children’s musical, with an important message about climate change, to Hampton Hill Theatre. Stephen Leslie was inspired to create this production after hearing about Ellie and Starlight a story by a local writer that explains climate change in a heart-warming way […]
- Marble Hill Planning Response
Response to planning application 18/2977/FUL – Marble Hill by Richmond Biodiversity Partnership Introduction SWLEN has co-ordinated the response of the Richmond Biodiversity Partnership (RBP) to English Heritage’s latest planning application in relation to proposed work at Marble Hill House and Park. A full copy of RBP’s observations is below. They centre around the works proposed to […]