Sunday 30th April from 1.30pm to 4.30pm
Orleans House Gallery and Grounds, Twickenham Riverside TW1 3DJ
A partnership project between South West London Environment Network and Orleans House Gallery to share the excitement and the importance of nature and biodiversity in Richmond Borough.
Springtime Safari brings you close up to nature. We’re back again this year for another wonderful activity-packed afternoon of creatures, wildlife, pondlife, arts and crafts, and stories for children and families on the Sunday afternoon of the Spring Bank Holiday.
* A mini safari around the woodland trail with creatures you can see close up – follow our special map to meet and learn about fascinating creatures like hedgehogs, bees, beetles and eels
* Visit The Nature Collection, the extraordinary traveling natural history museum with skulls, feathers, bones and curiosities that will amaze you
* Learn to identify beautiful wildflowers
* Wild Education Forest School with outdoor activities
* Meet the local voluntary wildlife organisations that help care for wild animals and plants including Friends of the River Crane Environment, ZSL’s rivers and eels project, Twickenham Beekeepers and Sue Kidger’s Hedgehog Rescue.
* Nature-inspired arts and crafts with Orleans Gallery in the Coach House
* Entertaining and exciting outdoor story times with Richmond Library Service
* Information about how you can get involved with your local green space
There’s lots to see and learn about for children of all ages – and it’s all free!